North Korea tells military to be ready as the South pledges to end the repression
North Korea is being threatened from all directions as several countries have stepped up their posturing against rogue leader Kim Jong-un.
South Korean President Park Geun-hye has pledged to end the repression against people in the North, according to Sputnik, after Kim told his military to be ready to launch a “pre-emptive strike” at any time against enemies, which could involve using nuclear weapons. There is also a call in North Korea for former soldiers to re-enlist and for young people to sign up for service.
Last month North Korea test launches a missile. In January, they tested a hydrogen bomb.
Park claimed North Korea retains its power through the use of missiles and promised to set the people free from the “reckless nuclear program”, by supporting measures from other leaders. She said she agreed with the UN Security Council’s new sanctions and the decision to shut down the Kaesong Industrial Complex.
China made threats Thursday, as reported by TRUNEWS, claiming North Korea had signed its own death warrant for refusing to give up their weapons. This is was a surprising move by the Chinese who have had a friendly relationship with Pyongyang for years.
Starting March 7, the U.S. military and South Korea will begin joint military drills, which has angered the North Korean leader.
More than 15,000 U.S. troops will be involved, which is much more than in previous years, according to The Telegraph. South Korea will use 290,000 of their troops, including special forces.
Some of the exercises will include simulated scenarios of the fall of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Forces will also practice responses to the breakout of war and how to recover important facilities in North Korea.
Read more at http://www.trunews.com/north-korea-tells-military-to-be-ready/#XuPhoraw4ehbsPmM.99