Journalist Fired for Pro Trump Facebook post
November 18, 2016
- The Fox affiliate in Houston, Texas fired Fakhar for her celebratory message after Trump’s stunning victory on Election Day.
- In the post, Fakhar expressed in part “Since everyone is talking about how they woke up this morning…ill (sic) just go ahead and say I could barely sleep from how happy and relieved I was.” After saying she’d “prayed about this for a long time,” Fakhar lamented how the country “has become more violent and racist under the Obama administration.”
- She also went on to share perspective on the crime situation from her journalistic experience “I work in the news and I hate to say it …. but the number of African Americans killing one another far outweighs the number of them being killed by whites”.
- The post also goes on to touch on immigration by giving the example of her father coming to the U.S. and working his way up to provide for her family.
- After being let go from the news station, Fakhar posted an apology for sharing her personal view publicly. She asserted the need for a journalist to remain neutral.
- Some of the media coverage surrounding her story has lead toward accusations of racism. One report alleging that she chastised African Americans.
- Again, hypocrisy is evident. Countless cases during and post the 2016 presidential election showed clear bias from various media outlets in support of the Democratic ticket.
- Fakhar refutes the accusations of racism.
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/journalist-fired-for-pro-trump-facebook-post#sthash.kPo2JFI2.dpuf