Carson: Says Yes to lead Dept. of Housing
December 05, 2016
Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, has been nominated to serve as President-elect Donald Trump’s head of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, This time he said YES.
- Dr. Ben Carson was once a revival of President-elect Donald Trump but turned vocal supporter during a gruesome campaign battle against Hillary Clinton.
- Carson once before stated he lacked experience in the federal government, but now feels that as the Department of Housing and Urban Development director he can really make a difference in communities in need.
- The neurosurgeons’ testimony speaks louder than words. The Trump camp made note of that in a statement, “Dr. Carson is a distinguished national leader who overcame his troubled youth in the inner city of Detroit to become a renowned neurosurgeon who served as the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland,”.
- Carson and Trump do have in common not having ever served in public office.
- “Ben Carson has a brilliant mind and is passionate about strengthening communities and families within those communities,” Trump said in the statement.
- As the head of HUD, Carson would lead an agency whose mission has been to help middle- and low-income people find homes. It also runs a program aimed at replacing distressed public housing with mixed-income neighborhoods.
Reuters copy / TRUNEWS summary.
Please contact TRUNEWS with any news tips related to this story. Email: [email protected]
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/carson-says-yes-to-head-dept.-of-housing#sthash.l8Zkzjk7.dpuf
Leave a Reply