Democrats War against Electoral College
November 14, 2016
An epic victory for Republicans has Democrats wanting to challenge the electoral college system.
- Reports indicate that former Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis called for Democrats to fight the electoral college system Saturday.
- The consensus among Democrats and Hillary Clinton supporters is that she won the election by accumulating most of the popular votes.
- Trump’s transition team currently has a mandate from President-elect Trump to institute a rule requiring members from lobbying for an industry they are working on.
- State officials are still counting millions of provisional and absentee ballots, and within two weeks the popular vote number could be significantly different.
- The founding fathers established the electoral college in the United States Constitution, believing that it would provide fair power to all states regardless of size
- Democrats argue that electoral college should have been abolished 150 years ago.
Article by The Daily Caller / TRUNEWS review.
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/democrats-war-against-electoral-college#sthash.XSveRTe5.dpuf