Mosul: Church Bells Ring, Are you Listening?
November 21, 2016
Open Doors reported in the last few weeks they’ve heard a sign of hope from one of Mosul’s freed districts near the Nineveh plains. First Christian services being held.
- Several eastern areas of Mosul have already been liberated from ISIS’ grip. But the whole city’s freedom could still take months to secure.
- Emily Fuentes with Open Doors USA says some displaced families from Mosul are trying to decide if and when they should return to the secured districts.
- Fuentes shares, “In the past week or two, we’ve heard the first ringing of church bells, the first Christian services being held, especially pastors and priests and church leadership going back to their churches.”
- The hand and power of God still proven strong and moving in the midst of the traumatic circumstances. Fuentes testifies, “Some girls were together in a house working on school, and they were teenagers. All of a sudden, their house was infiltrated by members of ISIS, so the girls went to hide under a bed in the bedroom.“One of them had a phone and texted their priest and said, ‘Please pray for us. ISIS is in our house. We don’t know what’s going to happen.’ They continued texting the priest throughout, and the priest and their congregation began lifting them up in prayer, notifying the authorities of all that was going on. After seven hours, even though members of ISIS were in the same room with them, they never discovered them. The girls were able to escape with help after seven hours without being harmed.”
- The testimony is an indisputable reminder of the power of prayer and the need for more prayer for Christians in Iraq and all around the world.
- The believers returning back home have requested much prayer for their safety and that of those still trapped by ISIS in Mosul.
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/mosul-church-bells-ring-are-you-listening#sthash.2RvTVELZ.dpuf