Trump adds 32 heavyweights to Pro-Life Coalition
Trump’s latest move appealing to evangelical Christians serves as his fifth gold star to back his campaign pledge to be a champion of life. The newly proclaimed born-again believer’s pro-life arsenal includes:
- Announcement that Susan B Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser is chairing his Pro-Life Coalition, which was followed up two weeks later by adding 32 pro-life hard-hitters to his campaign’s brain trust on the sanctity of human life.
- Letter of commitment promising to only nominate pro-life justices to the United States Supreme Court
- Pledge to sign the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act into law – putting an end to painful and tragic late-term abortions from coast to coast
- Vow to defund Planned Parenthood while it continues to offer abortions as part of its so-called “women’s reproductive health” program … the defunding plan reallocates the abortion giant’s funding to community health centers nationwide that provide women with comprehensive health care
- Promise to make permanent law out of the Hyde Amendment – a longstanding bipartisan policy Clinton vowed to rescind, which currently protects the conscience rights of taxpayers by stopping the federal funding of elective abortions
It should be noted that the Democratic Party unleashed its platform this summer declaring its intentions to fully repeal the Hyde Amendment – a party first.
Included in the list of influential co-chairs added to Trump’s coalition of advisers are Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), who is serving as chair of the House select panel that is currently investigating Planned Parenthood regarding its scandal involving the selling of baby body parts for profit. Pro-life champion Gov. Sam Brownback (R-Kan.), Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), Gov. Mary Fallin (R-Okla.), Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, Concerned Women of America President and CEO Penny Nance, Priests for Life National Director Fr. Frank Pavone, Civil Rights for the Unborn Director Alveda King, American Values President Gary Bauer, Students for Life President Kristan Hawkins and Eagle Forum President Ed Martin are some of the other notable coalition members.
Dannenfelser says that the team organizing under Trump serves many important purposes in the fight for life.
“National co-chairs of the coalition will communicate Mr. Trump’s pro-life commitments to people in their sphere of influence, speak out in support of the Trump-Pence ticket and, most importantly, recruit state co-chairs for the coalition who will in turn drive the campaign’s pro-life message out to each individual voter,” Dannenfelser explained Thursday, according to LifesiteNews. “The policies outlined by Mr. Trump are not only important to pro-life base voters, but they appeal to a majority of Americans who oppose Hillary Clinton’s plan to make taxpayers pay for even late-term abortion-on-demand. Every vote counts.”
Even though Dannenfelser initially favored other pro-life GOP presidential candidates during the primary stage, the pro-life leader has grown to acquire a full confidence in Trump – especially on the issue of life. The pro-life advocate maintains that all it took to change her attitude toward the businessman was getting to know him as the Republican presidential nominee over the past few months.
She now insists that she trusts Trump “immeasurably.”
“If you’re pro-life – even marginally – you have to ask yourself: ‘Who do I trust to handle the lives of these people the most?” Dannenfelser expressed to the Telegraph.
Friend and foe
As much as pro-life advocates consider Trump their ally, pro-abortion activists have unabashedly targeted the 70-year-old candidate as their worst enemy.
“Planned Parenthood has committed at least $18 million to the 2016 election,” LifeSiteNews’ Ben Johnson reported. “Just this week, NARAL Pro-Choice America announced a $300,000 digital ad campaign targeting Trump and a handful of Republican senators on the issue of abortion.”
Concerns on the Left about Trump being abortionists’ worst nightmare were brought up by People for the American Way Executive Vice President Marge Baker.
“Trump is making it exceptionally clear that he would be a horrifically anti-choice president,” stated the pro-abortion activist, whose organization is funded by Leftist billionaire business magnate, George Soros.
Here is the complete list of the national co-chairs on Trump’s Pro-Life Coalition:
- Representative Robert Aderholt (AL-04)
- Ellen Barrosse, Republican National Committeewoman & Chairman of RNC Conservative Steering Committee
- Gary Bauer, President of American Values
- Representative Diane Black (TN-06)
- Representative Marsha Blackburn (TN-07)
- Honorable Ken Blackwell, Former Ambassador of United Nations Human Rights Commission
- Governor Sam Brownback of Kansas
- Frank Cannon, President of American Principles Project
- Senator Steve Daines of Montana
- Bill Dallas, CEO of United in Purpose
- Bill Donahue, Treasurer of FAMILY PAC
- Governor Mary Fallin of Oklahoma
- Representative Jeff Fortenberry (NE-01)
- Representative Virginia Foxx (NC-05)
- Representative Trent Franks (AZ-08)
- Day Gardner, President of National Black Pro-Life Union
- Representative Vicky Hartzler (MO-04)
- Kristan Hawkins, President of Students for Life
- Alveda King, Director of Civil Rights for the Unborn
- Ed Martin, President of Eagle Forum
- Penny Nance, President and CEO of Concerned Women of America
- Representative Kristi Noem (SD-AL)
- Father Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life
- Tony Perkins, President of Family Research Council
- Representative Joe Pitts (PA-16)
- Representative Mike Pompeo (KS-04)
- Senator David Perdue of Georgia
- Ralph Reed, Founder and Chairman of the Faith & Freedom Coalition
- Austin Ruse, President of Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute (C-FAM)
- Representative Chris Smith (NJ-04)
- Jill Stanek, National Campaign Chair of Susan B. Anthony List
- Charmaine Yoest, American Values Senior Fellow
We moderate all reader comments, usually within 24 hours of posting (longer on weekends). Please limit your comment to 300 words or less and ensure it addresses the article – NOT another reader’s comments. Comments that contain a link (URL), an inordinate number of words in ALL CAPS, rude remarks directed
Leave a Reply