Fox Backs Hannity Amid Advertiser Flight And Snap Vacation
May 25, 2017
(VERO BEACH, FL) In a statement provided to Variety Magazine senior TV editor Brian Steinberg Fox News Channel lent support to the embattled anchor, noting he will return on Tuesday after the long weekend.
“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday,” the network said in a statement. “Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”
Hannity took to twitter Wednesday night following his broadcast to put down the rumors circulating his vacation.
“Uh oh My ANNUAL Memorial Day long weekend starts NOW,” Hannity tweeted. “Destroy Trump/Conservative media breathless coverage starts! Did Hannity do last show?”
According to Philly.com, Hannity is taking “a couple days off amid a growing advertiser boycott” over Hannity’s pursuit of the Seth Rich story.
Five host Kimberly Guilfoyle will be filling in on Hannity on Thursday and Friday, the paper confirmed.
Philly.com also interviewed Fox News contributor Julie Roginsky, who slammed the network, calling it “really egregious” to allow Hannity, Gingrich and others to discuss the death of Seth Rich.
“We know the facts. Wikileaks was in collaboration with the Russians,” Roginsky said. “How do we know this? Because the entire intelligence community said that the Russians were the ones who hacked into these emails. This is not in dispute.”
So far seven advertisers have dropped Hannity over the Seth Rich coverage, including Cars.com, Leesa Sleep, Peloton, USAA, Crowne Plaza Hotels, Casper, and Ring.
“In this case, we’ve been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity,” Cars.com said in a statement Wednesday.
On Thursday, Ring.com told BuzzFeed News in a statement:
“We are always evaluating and monitoring our advertisements to ensure they align with the Ring brand. As of May 23rd, we have asked our media buying partners not to place Ring ads on The Sean Hannity Show.”
On Wednesday, Hannity told The Huffington Post the advertiser shift represents an effort by the Left to silence him.
“There’s nothing that I did, nothing that I said, except they don’t like my position politically,” Hannity said. “They’ll try to ratchet up the intensity of their rationale. It does not justify an attempt to get me fired. And that’s what this is. This is an attempt to take me out. This is a kill shot.”
According to ad spending tracker Kantar Media, Hannity’s show brought in approximately $65.7 million in 2016, a 17% jump from the estimated $56.1 million in 2015.
The recent turmoil surrounding Hannity was spurred by his brave interjection into the Seth Rich murder investigation, offering to give internet freedom activist Kim Dotcom a platform to share new information about the DNC staffers alleged role in the WikiLeaks election story.
Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly was dismissed by the network in April after a slew of unproven sexual harassment claims and prolonged pressure from progressive activists spooked a large portion of his advertisers.
On Wednesday progressive conglomerate Media Matters, which is backed by billionaire globalist George Soros, announced they would back off their campaign against Fox News.
TRUNEWS host Rick Wiles said on the May 24th edition of his program that this move appeared to be a backroom truce between the Murdochs and the former nazi collaborator, as Fox News continues its drift to become center-left.
Mr. Wiles added that the attacks on Hannity are a sign of growing censorship against conservative media, promoted by anti-American lobbying from “Marxist Media Hounds,” and financed by anti-Christian fascist elite.
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/fox-backs-hannity-amid-advertiser-flight-and-snap-vacation#sthash.x4Wgkf5q.dpuf