Mexican Businessman: Offers to Build the Wall
November 23, 2016
Enrique Escalante, a mexican cement maker is ready to lend its services to U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, Says it’s good for business.
- The Chief Executive Officer of Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua (GCC) said in an interview. “We’re an important producer in that area and we have to respect our clients on both sides of the border.”
- A strong force during the Trump presidential campaign was vowing to build a “big, beautiful, powerful” wall across the 2,000 mile (3,200 km) frontier in order to stop illegal immigrants from coming in to the United States.
- The wall claims have been widely condemend by many and both Trump and the Mexican president have been critized.
- Parts of the border are already divided by high fences, and a huge part of the boundary runs along the Rio Grande river.
- Based in Chihuahua, a large northern state bordering Texas and New Mexico, GCC is one of the biggest construction materials companies in Mexico. It generates around 70 percent of its sales in the United States, where it also has three plants.
- Escalante said Trump’s plans to invest in energy and infrastructure in the United States augured well for the firm.
Reuters article / TRUNEWS summary.
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/mexican-businessman-offers-to-build-the-wall#sthash.uNBZMxoT.dpuf