Mystery: How did Hezbollah get US M113’s?
November 17, 2016
- US M113 armored personnel carriers were pictured in latest Hezbollah propaganda video shot in Syria.
- Hezbollah has been deployed, and is currently backed by, Iran.
- Hezbollah is a Lebanon-based terrorist organization.
- Defense analysts: M113’s were either were stolen from the Lebanese military or given up voluntarily.
- Washington has provided the Lebanese military with $221 million in U.S. military aid in 2016.
- U.S. Department of State and Lebanese military deny analysts claims.
- State Dept. official: “Our initial assessment concurs: The M113s allegedly in Hezbollah’s possession in Syria are unlikely to have come from the Lebanese military. We are working closely with our colleagues in the Pentagon and in the Intelligence Community on to resolve this issue.”
- Other analysts: M113’s could have come from an old Lebanese militia group backed by Israel, or that Hezbollah could have stolen them from al-Qaida’s Syrian affiliate.
(WASHINGTON, DC) Hezbollah terrorists featured U.S. armored personnel carriers in their latest video, and nobody seems to know how they got their hands on them.
The latest propaganda video was shot in Syria, where Hezbollah is forward deployed at the behest of its Iranian masters. Hezbollah is a Lebanon-based terrorist organization, heavily sponsored and managed by the Islamic Republic of Iran. Hezbollah also remains a powerful political entity in Lebanon, where it is entrenched in the government.
The Washington Post notes that some defense analysts believed the armored personnel carriers either were stolen from the Lebanese military or given up voluntarily. The U.S. has provided the Lebanese military with $221 million in U.S. military aid in 2016 so far, some of which came in the form of armored personnel carriers. The U.S. aid is provided to help Lebanon combat the growing threat of violent extremists from Syria.
The problem is both the Lebanese military and the U.S. Department of State deny that’s how Hezbollah got its hands on the equipment.
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/mystery-how-did-hezbollah-get-us-m113s#sthash.O69y15Jj.dpuf