Anarchists lead violent protests against President Trump
November 11, 2016
Demonstrators and violent anarchists took to the streets last night as part of an ongoing nationwide protest against the election victory of President-elect Donald Trump.
- At least 35 were arrested in downtown Los Angeles
- In San Francisco, more than 1,000 high school students walked out of classes Thursday morning.
- Baltimore police: About 600 people marched through the downtown Inner Harbor area.
- Media: About 3,000 gathered in Denver.
- Trump tweeted: “Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!”
- About 100 protesters marched from the White House.
- At least 200 people rallied there after dark, many chanting “No hate! No fear! Immigrants are welcome here!”
- Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer: “I hope that people get it out of their systems … but then they give this man that was just elected very historically and his new vice president an opportunity to govern.”
(WASHINGTON/NEW YORK) Demonstrators took to the streets across the United States for a second day on Thursday to protest against Donald Trump’s presidential election victory, voicing fears that the real estate mogul’s triumph would deal a blow to civil rights.
On the East Coast, protests took place in Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York, while on the West Coast demonstrators rallied in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Oakland in California, and Portland, Oregon.
The protests were for the most part peaceful and orderly, although there were scattered acts of civil disobedience and damage to property.
Protesters threw objects at police in Portland and damaged cars in a dealership lot, the Portland Police Department said on Twitter. Some protesters sprayed graffiti on cars and buildings and smashed store front windows, media in Portland said.
“Many in crowd trying to get anarchist groups to stop destroying property, anarchists refusing. Others encouraged to leave area”, the department tweeted after declaring the demonstration a riot.
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/anarchists-lead-violent-protests-against-president-trump#sthash.ySBkiItq.dpuf