Pro-Life Ted Cruz brokering Trump deal for Supreme Court
December 12, 2016
A deal is being brokered for Senator Ted Cruz to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in exchange for a pro-Trump replacement in his Texas seat.
- Source: “A deal” is being cut which would see Cruz nominated on the condition that a pro-Trump Republican could be found to replace him in the Senate.
- Unclear whether Cruz would be immediately nominated to replace Justice Antonin Scalia.
- Cruz was not on Trump’s list of potential Supreme Court picks vetted by Federalist Society.
- Cruz is currently publicly planning to run for re-election in 2018.
- Source: Privately he’s ready and willing to become a Supreme Court Justice.
- Alan Dershowitz on Cruz: “One of the best students I ever had.”
- Source: Cruz is widely praised as a legal scholar and orator, but is disliked by Senate colleagues.
(FRESNO, CA) Texas Senator Ted Cruz is set to be nominated for a position on the Supreme Court by President-elect Donald J. Trump if current trends hold, a source close to the process tells GotNews.
The source told GotNews that “a deal” is being cut which would see Cruz nominated to the Supreme Court on the condition that a pro-Trump Republican could be found to replace Ted Cruz in the Senate.
It is unclear whether Cruz would be immediately nominated to replace Justice Antonin Scalia, who died earlier this year, or if his nomination would come later. While Cruz was not on Trump’s list of potential Supreme Court picks, he undoubtedly fits the bill as a staunch conservative constitutionalist.
Cruz, who won his Texas Senate seat in 2012, is publicly planning to run for re-election in 2018. Privately, it seems he’s ready and willing to become a Supreme Court Justice.
Ted Cruz was Donald Trump’s earliest ally and final foe in the Republican presidential primaries. He has steadily reconciled with Trump since the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July earlier this year.
Cruz has been described by his former law professor and world-famous lawyer Alan Dershowitz as “one of the best students I ever had.” Cruz is widely praised as a legal scholar and orator, despite being notoriously disliked among his Senate colleagues.
That dislike may make a Cruz confirmation very easy in the Senate.
GotNews copy, TRUNEWS analysis
Please contact TRUNEWS correspondent Edward Szall with any news tips related to this story.
Email: [email protected] | Twitter: @EdwardSzall | Facebook: Ed Szall
DOWNLOAD THE TRUNEWS MOBILE APP on Apple and Google Play!
– See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/pro-life-ted-cruz-brokering-trump-deal-for-supreme-court#sthash.m3mW7VcY.dpuf
Leave a Reply